2007 April, ''Selling & negotiating ideas workshop'', a Finnish Bank
Selling & negotiating ideas workshop, a Finnish Bank, April 2007:
- Practical examples were helpful. Using videos was extremely skilled and useful; takeaways were easy to spot"
- "methods what you use. Ottaa mielipiteita huomioon ryhmä jaossa"
- "Did not touch body language very much. Practice in small teams was excellent. Excellent atmosphere very much due to the trainers"
- "I liked lots of active doing, lots of time for comments and discussions, nice to challenge myself analysing own behaviour in different situations"
- "I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere very much due to Andy & Steve getting people to "come out of their shells" The video worked extremely well (It was not a traditional way of doing). Could have used more English on the second day! Excellent atmosphere and practices! Good job! Lots of things to practice "at home"
- "nice and relaxing atmosphere. Excellent material (booklet) Great methods of learning (concrete examples)."
- "I especially liked that the course was made fun YET useful. Practical examples very good, although we could have spent even more time thinking solutions to real banking problems/situations. I don't think the "teaching others" method really worked"
- "I liked the atmosphere and personal touch. Yours and the teams way of giving feedback and improving hints is positive and easy to accept. Its hard to say what to improve. I enjoyed all the time"
- "I liked the inter-active parts the atmosphere was relaxed from the beginning thanks to you both and my colleagues. Murder Mystery was a clever and funny exercise. I got tools to my working place and new ideas/angles to selling our services"
- "I did enjoy the experience, thank you! The ideas are old but the way to present them was new"
- "more personal feedback..seeing a video of myself selling to pick own manners up"
- "very structured and well presented approach to fairly unstructured area. Perhaps more personal feedback, also negative."
- "I liked group works they were useful and taping really helped to look at yourself and see how other people see you. I can't say anything should be changed. THANKS!"
- "Training was interactive and interesting, even funny. I have a feeling that everybody enjoyed the course. I wouldn't change anything."
- "exercises were clear and helpful but not too difficult. Atmosphere was good and relaxed. Murder mystery was interesting experience. Very helpful information."
- "very useful, given new alternative to my job, way to think business and small talk in a new way, clear examples, the atmosphere was relaxed."
2006 Aug, ''Selling Ideas''
16 people "Selling Ideas" August 2006, their feedback:
Learning Solution Free-text Question Free-text Answer
What do you think was good in the learning solution?
- Alternative way of giving a training
- Excellent trainers with good motivation skills. Lots of practical anduseful role plays.
- Having two trainers was brilliant. The key risks with soft skill trainings are too much theory in too long sessions, with ppt - "dead"
- periods when the (only) trainer catches his breath, handles the paperwork, etc.
- The double-trainer scenario simply got rid of such problems in advance.
- It was a very practical workshop (95%)
- Many practical examples.
- Going into the needs of the individual.
- The athmosphere and "easiness" the topics were presented.
- The lot of pratice.
- The trainers were absolute professionals in their job and thus learning was really an experience this time. Perfect!
- The way the course was structured and presented, no powerpoint!. a lot of useful practical role plays with fun included.
- Very good level of activity, participation and excercises. Background information,instructions and practical part well-balanced.
- Inspiring and opportunity to re-gain insights.
- Very short and compact theory part with extensive practice.
- Very skilled trainers, who were living the concept they offered
What would you improve about the learning solution?
- Even though we were having several exercises in smaller groups (2-4 people) we all still had to use the same (crowded) room. conversation was a bit difficult then.
- For this course it would be perfect to have 2 or 3 additional (small) rooms.
- Give some more summary information after a "training session" done by other
- course participants to make sure that all important information has really been covered.
- It would have been nice if tea (not just coffee) had been on offer during the breaks.
- hard to say ...(it met my expectations ;-)
- Nothing in particular. Maybe I'd reconsider case with phone calls to make it a bit closer to reality. But even in it's current state it is usefull and challenging.
- Nothing, it's perfect
- one day more in order to increase the practical exercises
- the "red line" was sometime missing
- A really recommendable training course!!
- Best non technical training I ever had
- I somehow lost the "red-path" during the two days and found it back during the wrap-up session in the end.
- I think we need to be careful not to get too involved with the technical content and details of the subjects for ther role plays, so that we focus on the selling skills not trying to understand the technologies being discussed.
- the trainer have very good teaching skills
- This was the best and most useful training I ever had.
Any other comments/regards to the trainer?
- Highly competent in presenting, involving very diverse persons, giving feedback and offering a whole bunch of methods. Very good sense of humour, easy-going way of using video. Caring for others.
- It has been a pleasure to work with andy and steve.
- It was a very good experience to participate this training. Well done
- Compared to the other trainer (Steve) Andy's strength was the motivational side. They made it fun as well as useful course. They both work really well together as a team.
- Compared to the other trainer (Andy) Steve's strength was the analytical side
1. cc. andy & steve
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 12:12 PM
Subject: The Influential Communication on 27 & 28 October
After a one-week holiday I am back to the daily business.
But not as before, indeed armed with some new useful tools, offered to all of us on a fabulous way by Andy & Steve.
It was also great to meet all of you and having together this two days residential course.
2. Dear Friends,
Thank you for your company! I really enjoyed the whole course - it must of
been the most eye-opening training that I've ever had.
Hoping to see all of you again.
Ps. I'm now enjoying the view from the building, if you ever stop by -
I'll offer the coffee
3. Cc: andy & steve
> Subject: RE: The Influential Communication on 27 & 28 October
> Hello everybody,
> Greetings from a dark and rainy Stockholm (a good introduction to the
> Halloween-weekend actually!)
> I do agree that this training was a really good and fun experience.
> I have already put my new competences in practice, and I believe it is
> really powerful!
> Take care and have a great holiday/week-end.